Have you ever wanted a ‘signature dish’? You know… someone’s having party, they call you up and say “Hey, can you bring your _____? We love it!” Well… look no further. This dessert is simple and guaranteed to wow your guests. It’s your world famous strawberry pretzel crumble! Here’s how to make it.
• 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
• 4 tablespoons sugar
• 3/4 cup butter, melted
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
• 1 (8 ounce) container frozen cool whip, thawed
• 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
• Can whipping cream (if making a flag)
• Blueberries (if making a flag)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the crushed pretzels, 4 Tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, Till bubbly. . (Do not over bake!) Set aside to cool completely.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipping cream.
Spread evenly over the cooled crust all the way to the edge so it’s “sealed”. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water- till dissolved. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.
Then decorate it according to whatever holiday you’re celebrating! (Obviously, this one was made for the 4th of July!)